Value – Will repair approximately 5 square feet of surface (10lbs of rubber + 2lbs of binder)
Our poured in place rubber Patch kits are designed for ease of use and to quickly solve a small problem that can turn into a big one later. Pre-measured amounts of EPDM and binder are shipped to you to patch existing holes in your rubber surface. Each patch kit will cover approximately 5 square feet at the standard depth of a half inch. The kit you receive will contain the EPDM granules in the color combination you requested a pre-measured amount of binder as well as an easy to follow instruction sheet.
You will need: A utility knife, a bucket for mixing, a rounded trowel, soapy water and gloves
- Make sure you pick a dry day to patch you rubber playground surface.
- Using a sharp utility knife, create a clean cut around the area you would like to patch. When cutting the area, make sure to cut the edges of the area at a 45-degree angle. This will create a stronger bond at the edges of the patch.
- Clean the area of all loose granules and debris.
- Pour all of the rubber granules into the bucket and mix the entire content of the binder in a plastic pail that you plan to dispose of later.
- Mix the content thoroughly. Make sure that all the rubber granules are coated evenly with the binder
- Using a rounded trowel spread the mix onto the area you are patching.
- Use a mixture of water and liquid hand soap to lubricate the trowel after each pass.
- Secure the area and let cure for 24 to 48 hours.