EPDM Granules – 55lb Bag
This product is recommended for contractors only.
- EPDM Rubber Granules
- 55lb bag
If you have hands-on experience working with Poured in Place rubber surfacing, using 55lb bags of rubber can be the most cost-effective option for doing large-scale repairs.
EPDM granules are used to create the wear layer of poured in place rubber surfacing.
Poured in Place Rubber Surfacing is a unitary surfacing solution that provides a soft cushion around your play set or a running surface for kids to enjoy. It consists of two layers: An impact attenuating layer, the thickness of which is determined by the height of the play equipment. This layer is typically made up of recycled rubber products such as buffings from tires. The top layer, also called ‘the wear layer’ is the colorful part of the system made up of rubber. It is a two-step process, since the bottom layer needs to cure before the top layer is installed.
The following are some of the advantages of a poured in place rubber surface:
- Needs minimal maintenance.
- Is porous, so water does not accumulate on it.
- Can embed designs, and logos right in the surface.
- Multiple color choices.
- No seams.
- ADA Compliant.
- Can be used as alternative surface to asphalt or Concrete for Trikes.
- Can easily be poured in and troweled around existing play equipment.
- A good alternative for pitched terrain (where other loose surfacing won’t work that well).
Call (203) 659-0456 for quotes or questions.
Beige, Black, Blue, Green, Terra Cotta Red, Yellow