When a standard 10-pound patch kit is not enough for your Poured Rubber Repair job but ordering bulk quantities of rubber is excessive, this Giant Patch Kit is a perfect solution.
Weighing in at just under 50 pounds (40lbs of rubber / 8.39lbs of glue) this kit will fill 20 square feet of space at a depth of 0.5 inches.
You will need: A utility knife, a wheelbarrow for mixing, a plastic contractor bag, a shovel, a rounded trowel, soapy water and gloves
- Make sure you pick a dry day to patch you rubber playground surface.
- Using a sharp utility knife, create a clean cut around the areas you would like to patch. When cutting, make sure to cut the edges of the area at a 45-degree angle. This will create a stronger bond at the edges of the patch.
- Clean the area of all loose granules and debris.
- Lay the contractor bag inside the wheelbarrow and tape the edges to the rim.
- Pour all of the rubber granules into the wheelbarrow and mix with the entire content of the binder.
- Mix the content thoroughly. Make sure that all the rubber granules are coated evenly with the binder.
- Using a rounded trowel spread the mix onto the area you are patching.
- Use a mixture of water and liquid hand soap to lubricate the trowel after each pass.
- Secure the area and let cure for 24 to 48 hours.